Declaration of Health & Safety Entity
Registration nº 248/2016 – Fernando Manuel Ferreira Romão (Wildlife Portugal)
The World Health Organization has declared Coronavirus the causal agent of COVID-19, as a public health emergency of international scope. To avoid risks and infections, ensuring the existence of an internal protocol that defines the necessary prevention, control and surveillance procedures, this Entity declares to comply with the requirements defined by the Portuguese Tourism Board, in accordance with the guidelines of the General Health Directorate, which allow it to be considered a HEALTHY & SAFE Entity.
This Tourism Company has no physical facilities.
Training for all employees
All employees have received specific information and/or training about:
- Internal protocol on the outbreak of coronavirus COVID-19.
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions in relation to the outbreak of COVID-19 coronavirus, including the following procedures:
- Hand hygiene – wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer that has at least 70º of alcohol, covering all surfaces of the hands and rubbing them until they get dry.
- Respiratory procedure – cough or sneeze into the bended forearm or use a tissue, which should then be thrown away immediately; Always clean your hands after coughing or sneezing and after blowing; Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands.
- Social behaviour – changing the frequency and form of contact between workers and between workers and customers, avoiding (where possible) close contact, handshakes, kisses, shared workplaces, face-to-face meetings and sharing food, utensils, cups, and towels.
- How to comply with daily self-monitoring for fever assessment (take body temperature twice a day and record the value and time of measurement), coughing verification or breathing difficulty.
- How to comply with the guidelines of the General Health Directorate for surface cleaning and laundry treatment in establishments.
Information to all customers
The following information is available to all customers:
- How to comply with basic infection prevention and control precautions in relation to the coronavirus outbreak;
- What is the internal protocol for the coronavirus outbreak COVID-19.
The company owns
- Enough personal protective equipment for the workers involved in the activities.
- Personal protective equipment available for customers (maximum group capacity).
The internal cleaning and sanitation protocol guarantee
- The high temperature washing of clothing used in activities and other accessories provided (e.g. towels), by employees and customers (about 60ºC).
- Supply of alcohol hand sanitizers, where appropriate, to participants in activities.
- Hygiene or disinfection of the equipment used, after each activity, in accordance with the rules applicable to each type of equipment.
- Hygiene or disinfection of the means of transport used, after each activity, and in accordance with the rules applicable to each type of transport.
The organisation of the service ensures
- The maintenance of the social safety distance between the participants in the activities, in accordance with the recommendations of the General Health Directorate.
- The maximum occupation of the means of transportation used in the activities, in accordance with the recommendations of the General Health Directorate.
- The distribution of information, within the activity, preferably in digital/online support.
- Compliance with internal hygiene and safety protocols by partners involved in the activities.
- That there is always an employee in charge of triggering the procedures in case of suspected infection (accompanying the person with symptoms to the isolation space, providing the necessary assistance and contacting the national health service).
- The storage of the waste produced by patients suspected of infection in a plastic bag which, after being closed (e.g. with a clamp), must be segregated and sent to a licensed operator for the management of hospital waste with biological risk.
The submission of this declaration, valid until April 30, 2021, derives from the commitment that all previously validated requirements are fully complied with by the Tourism Company.