Recently, Wildlife Portugal joined the initiative Nature First – The Alliance for Responsible Nature Photography, a community that seeks to alert to the impact of nature photography, promoting the protection and preservation of the natural world through inspiration, education, and seeking to bring together all those who produce photography and video in nature – empowering them to be ambassadors of the natural world. Our vision is that all those who make photographs and videos in nature to be mindful of their impact, knowledgeable about the places they photograph, and ambassadors for the natural world.
Part of Wildlife Portugal’s activities are photo tours in natural or wild spaces, or are directed towards wildlife photography. Others are just the enjoyment of natural areas and the discovery of their values. We have always tried to respect and safeguard the places we visit in our activities or surveys, as well as to make our clients aware of the importance and fragilities of the natural world, as well as the consequences of our impact.
For these reasons, from the very beginning, we’ve been identified with Nature First‘s values and fully subscribed to its principles:
- Prioritize the well-being of nature over photography.
- Educate yourself about the places you photograph.
- Reflect on the possible impact of your actions.
- Use discretion if sharing locations.
- Know and follow rules and regulations.
- Always follow Leave No Trace principles and strive to leave places better than you found them.
- Actively promote and educate others about these principles.
For a detailed description of these principles, please consult our website or Nature First’s website at the link above.